Estate Planning Attorney in Palm Desert, CA
Estate Planning at Palm Desert Law Group, APC is not one-size-fits-all. We offer three levels of planning to suit you and your family’s individual needs. From starter plans aimed primarily for families with young children with little in the way of financial wealth to more robust plans for well-established families concerned with matters of asset protection, preservation and increased growth, we’ve got you covered. Our plans are focused on ensuring your family has somewhere to turn if, and when, something happens to you, that your plan will work, and you have real security.
We believe in personalized service for each and every client. Our approach is educational and proactive – we first determine your individual needs, desires and values, and then tailor your plan to best fulfill your dreams.
We represent families throughout varying stages of life:
- Traditional two parent families or single parents wishing to provide for and protect their children and themselves;
- Unmarried couples who are either solidifying their relationship through proper planning or dissolving their relationship with the assistance of caring counsel;
- Blended families negotiating the challenges of creating new relationships with varying expectations;
- Families with special needs looking to ensure that their children with special needs will be taken care of and able to continue to receive government assistance;
- High net worth families seeking strategies for minimizing estate and income taxes;
- Family business owners seeking ways to protect and expand their companies and considering how and when to transition to the next generation of ownership;
- Estate executors and beneficiaries navigating the court process of probate administration; and
- Family members or trustees carrying out the legacy left behind through a trust administration;
We include a no-charge 3-year plan review with each of our estate plans to ensure that, as our clients’ lives change, so does their estate plan to ensure that all of their assets are held properly for maximum protection.
Our estate planning process begins with a Family Wealth Planning Session. Before the Family Wealth Planning Session, you will complete a written financial assessment that will help you feel more organized than you have in a long time, possibly ever.
During the Family Wealth Planning Session, we will look at what would happen to all of your loved ones and assets, if anything were to happen to you.
Then, we will come up with a plan to make sure everything happens the way you want it to happen. From start to finish, you will be in control of your future and your family will know just how much you care about them.
Should we decide together that there are steps you can take to ensure the well-being of your family outside of the plan you currently have in place (or the plan the government has in place for you right now if you don’t have one for yourself), we will present you with different planning options that allow you to decide on your fee and the level of service that is right for you and your family. Even a basic estate plan can help you accomplish the goals we have just mentioned, and many more.
Our basic estate planning services include:
- Powers of Attorney
- Health Care Directives
- HIPAA Authorizations
- Revocable Living Trusts
- Advanced Estate Planning
We can help you identify, collect, and determine assets and their values; guide you on the payment of debts, expenses, and taxes from estate and trust assets; submit necessary accountings; advise you as to distribution of jointly held assets, life insurance, and retirement benefits that pass outside a will or trust; notify all heirs and beneficiaries of the trust; and guide you to determine whether state and federal, generation-skipping transfer, and gift tax returns need to be filed.
The Palm Desert Law Group, APC offers complete trust and estate administration services – we guide you every step of the way and our team will make the process as easy as possible for you and your family.
Contact us today to learn more about the steps you need to take.