Trust Administration

If a person dies and they have a Trust, then the named successor Trustee, must “administer” the Trust. Their job is to read the Trust and follow all of its instructions; they must also follow all of the state and federal laws that impact the decedent’s estate. This is called a Trust Administration or a Trust Settlement.

If you’ve been named as an executor of a will or a trustee of someone’s trust, then you should know that it’s an honor that you have been named, because that means your loved one thought highly of you and your character.

But being an executor or trustee is an important job that requires a high level of responsibility and care for handling all of the legal and financial details in just the right way.

The process for administering a Trust can be complicated. There are many legal and financial details that must be handled, as well as state and federal laws that must be considered. And they do matter, both now and for future generations.

The Palm Desert Law Group, APC is experienced at administering estates, trusts, wills, and probate. We work with the family and other advisors to transfer assets as quickly as possible, resolve outstanding issues, and ensure that all legal requirements are satisfied within the legal deadlines to ensure smooth administration of trusts for your heirs. Our team will make the process as easy as possible for you and your family.

Our Services

We can help you identify, collect, and determine assets and their values; guide you on the payment of debts, expenses, and taxes from estate and trust assets; submit necessary accountings; advise you as to distribution of jointly held assets, life insurance, and retirement benefits that pass outside a will or trust; notify all heirs and beneficiaries of the trust; and guide you to determine whether state and federal, generation-skipping transfer, and gift tax returns need to be filed.

The Palm Desert Law Group, APC offers complete trust and estate administration services – we guide you every step of the way.

To learn more about the steps you need to take, Call (760) 674-7175.